As minor league rosters were being put together, the final round of cuts occurred on Saturday (March 31). In this round of cuts, a lot of infield prospects got the slip due to the logjam at second base and shortstop throughout the system. The following guys were cut. Infielders Argenis Martinez, Argenis Reyes, Casey Frawley, Karexon Sanchez and RHP Jose Lopez. I wish them the best of luck in the future.
INF Argenis Martinez
- Signed as a non-drafted free agent in 2007
- 4 seasons across 4 levels
- .248 AVG in 307 G
INF Argenis Reyes
- Signed as a non-drafted free agent in 2001, minor league free agent in 2012 by Indians
- 9 seasons across 5 levels in minors, 2 seasons in Majors
- .287 AVG in 820 G, .205 AVG in 58 G in Majors
INF Casey Frawley
- Drafted in the 17th round in 2009
- 3 seasons across 4 levels
- .250 AVG in 309 G
INF Karexon Sanchez
- Signed as a non-drafted free agent in 2006
- 6 seasons across 5 levels
- .246 AVG in 608 G
RHP Jose Lopez
- Signed as a non-drafted free agent in 2009
- 2 seasons across 1 levels
- 3-4 with a 5.46 ERA, 61 IP with 52 SO
I have seen Argenis Martinez, Casey Frawley, and Karexon Sanchez play in person for the Lake County Captains. Martinez was one of the best defense players I have seen. There was not a play he could not make, his downside was the lack of offensive ability. He has a lot of speed but struggled to get on base consistently. Casey Frawley was a great shortstop, he was a pretty good defensive player and had a lot of upside with his offense. Frawley was the creator of one of the best Captains’ memories I have. He hit a walk off home run to centerfield to win the Eastern Division first half title in 2010. Karexon Sanchez was a great second baseman as well. He would have some trouble in the field but had some power but not able to consistent.
Thanks for reading along, sorry this is late but it has been a very busy week.