The Spring season and semester has come to an end and all of the hype of the Storm postseason adventures turned into heartbreak over the weekend. Starting next Monday, I will have a series of blogs recapping each team this Spring. It will have a breakdown with stats and hopefully comments from the coaches of each team.
Men’s Lacrosse: 0-1
5/11 @ Mercyhurst in NCAA D-2 Tournament First Round: L 10-9 (OT)
- Reagan Harding: 3 Goals
- Trevor Tarte: 3 Goals
- MacGregor Johnston: 2 Goals
- Keegan Bal: 1 Goal/2 Assists
Quick Takes: Lake Erie was qualified for the NCAA D2 Tournament as the at-large bid. They had played Mercyhurst twice before to the max and they had all of the hype and excitement in the world. They had the lead on the Lakers most of the game until the Lakers tied the game late. Lake Erie had a chance to win the game in the final minute but could not find the back of the net. Mercyhurst won the game with under two minutes left in the sudden death period. Lake Erie finished their dream season at 12-5 overall and 5-2 in the ECAC.
Up Next for the Storm: Season is over
5/8 @ Grand Valley State in GLIAC Tournament: L 8-0
- Cody Blood (3B): 1-4, 2B
- Pat Kilway (DH): 1-3, SB
5/9 vs. Saginaw Valley State in GLIAC Tournament: W 6-5
- Aaron Lindgren (LF): 3-4, 3B, 2 RBI, R, SB, BB
- Dylan Yankle (C): 3-4, 2 RBI, R
- Sean Mathews (SS): 2-4, RBI, SF
- Zach Mosbarger (CF): 2-4, 2B, RBI
- Adam Beach (SP): W (4-3), 6 IP, 5 H, 3 BB, 5 SO
5/10 vs. Ohio Dominican in GLIAC Tournament: L 8-7 (11)
- Aaron Lindgren (LF): 3-4, 2 2B, 3 RBI, 2 BB, R, SB
- Garrett Emling (RF): 1-5, 2 RBI, BB
- Pat Kilway (DH): 2-4, RBI
- Sean Mathews (SS): 1-3, 2B, SAC
- 30 Hits
- 13 Runs
- .285 Batting Average (30-105)
- 5.64 Earned Run Average
- Aaron Lindgren: .545 Average (6-11), 2 2B, 3B, 5 RBI
- Sean Mathews: .400 Average (4-10), RBI, BB
Quick Takes: The Lake Erie Storm baseball team qualified for the GLIAC Tournament despite a struggle during the season. The Storm fell to the top seed in the opening game and they were determined to move through the consolation bracket. They held off the Cardinals of Saginaw Valley when they scored 5 runs in the last two innings. They took on Ohio Dominican on Friday and their season came to a close on a heartbreak moment. Aaron Lindgren tied the game in the ninth with a two-run double. The Storm took a lead in the 11th inning on a error but fell with a two-run single in the bottom half of the inning. The Storm finished with a overall record of 18-30 and a GLIAC record of 14-18.
Up Next for the Storm: Season is over.
Congratulations to all of the LEC graduates!